Monday, August 4, 2008

75 years!

Grandma Lindsay turned 75 yesterday, I just wanted to wish her a very big HAPPY BIRTHDAY from all of us. I think the best moment of the day was watching Griffin go around and give everyone hugs. He catches on quick, he knows just how we roll in this family. 

Anyway, back to Grandma. The thought occurred to me yesterday that if I have the strength, energy, and love that my Grandma has now when I'm 75, I will be a successful woman. It really is incredible to think of legacy that my Grandparents have created. I know it isn't perfect, and there are always moments where we think we're all nuts, but it really is remarkable. It is the part of Kansas that I'm really going to miss, but is always a part of who I am, and a model for myself as I create my own legacy. 

2 comments:

Sue said...

What a nice post. Grandma is an amazing woman, isn't she? We are all very blessed by her lessons.

Griff was so adorable yesterday- he's getting so social. Going to miss seeing that sweet baby on a regular basis, and of course will miss you and Sean horribly. But I am so excited for the opportunities Sean's job will bring to your family.

And of course we know we will all stay wonderfully connected. Love you!

Linda said...

Well said Beth. That was a nice posting for Grandma, she is very proud of you and all of us, and this family is nuts and very overwhelming sometimes. Crazy how the insanity can be missed, but it is.

And the hugs from Griffin and the energy he and you and Sean bring to the party...it will be missed. And we will always be looking forward to visits.