Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Waiting for toenails to dry....

So, I finally got around to re-painting my toenails, and I'm sitting here in front of the computer waiting for them to dry. My dear husband is doing the dishes. I think he's really enjoying being a stay-at-home dad. maybe that's why he still hasn't left for Utah. He starts work on Monday, but he hasn't left yet. That is one of the fundamental differences between me and Sean. I am a planner and he just sorta goes where the wind blows him. Must be why we're so good together. 

So, things have been picking up around here. I started my final classes on Monday, I can't wait to be DONE! I have a lot of work to do at my job, so my days there are busy, but only four more weeks of that. I'm facing a babysitting crisis, which I'm choosing to ignore right now. 

I've got Olympic-fever. I have been trying to catch as much as I can. I've watched a lot of swimming and gymnastics. I don't like the uniforms the gymnasts wear, they need to cover their butt cheeks more. And I've never liked how tight they pull their hair back. That little Shawn Johnson's just a cutie though! Sean and I like to play "Guess the Gender" when we watch swimming. Yeesh! Some of those shims they have swimming in the women's competition are scary! I always make it a point to cheer for the best looking girl. Does that make me a bad person? 

For those of you who only check this blog to hear about Griffin (and let's face it, he's just so much more entertaining than I am). There's not too much new to report. He seems to save up all of his wildest behavior for when we are at someone else's house (Sue's), but at home he is such  a little helper. His newest trick is throwing things in the garbage for us. We give him trash and ask him to "go throw it away" and he walks right over and puts it in the garbage, and even closes the lid. The next trick is to get him to take it out to the curb. 

Well, that's about all for now. My eyes are so tired I can barely see what I'm typing. Old age is setting in already. No Olympics tonight, I think I'm just going to bed. Goodnight sweethearts! 

2 comments:

Joelle said...

I'm sure Sean doesn't want to leave and that is why he is dragging his feet :) Who wants to leave a great wife and baby?

marisalea said...

I read the blog for you; not just for the bebe and you are so much funnier than I am!