Friday, March 27, 2009

Happy Birthday Sean!

My darling husband is turning one year older today! He's getting to be such an old man, but I don't think he'll ever grow up! He's downstairs playing Xbox with his brother and laughing his butt off right now. For those who know the joy of Sean's true laugh, it is too funny. Our birthday plans are simple, hang out during the day, maybe catch a movie together while Grandma babysits. I will not reveal his birthday present yet, not that he ever checks the blog. But just in case, it will remain unnamed. I'm actually really proud of myself because he is a hard one to shop for, but this year I totally nailed it. And to top it all off, I think he'll be really surprised. He's always harassing me with every Christmas and birthday to give him his present early, or just a hint. I usually end up caving, because I'm WEAK! But not this year. In the evening we'll have a little barbeque with the family, and a few neighbors. I have his cake all made, and a little collection of pictures on the bulletin board. Looking though the literally hundreds of thousands of pictures we have of the past several years was lot's of fun, remembering fun family times together, and the little every day moments that I so often forget. Here are a few of my favs (it was so hard to narrow them down! I have 26 on the bulletin board!!)





There aren't enough positive things to say about Sean. He's such an incredible, genuine, person. He's an amazing father, the love he has for Griffin is unbelievable! My grandpa, who always has such a way with words, once said about Sean, "Now, I always loved my kids, but Sean's just a damn fool about it!" I think that really sums it up. He's an incredible husband too, helping me to keep things in perspective, and is always there with his sense of humor, even when mine is gone. I am truly blessed to have Sean in my life. Of course, he would not appreciate all this attention, because he likes to stay off of the radar. But on his birthday, he has to put up with it. So, Happy Birthday to my dear husband Sean. It's hard to believe how much time has gone by, but it's so exciting to think about all the time that's ahead of us.

4 comments:

Joelle said...

How sweet! I love the photos

Rachel said...

What a nice tribute. Hope you guys have a nice celebration.

marisalea said...

Sean really is the bomb! How many boyfriends/husbands would have put up with your insane friends. Whenever I think about Sean being perfect for you, I think about you finding me in the cafe crying and how Sean took charge and took us to dinner. He's very patient!

Heather said...

Liz! I love your blog! And happy birthday to Sean! I like all the pictures...you two look so young in that third one! :o)