Thursday, November 6, 2008

Thursday night

Well, I'm pretty bored with this Thursday night. So, I'll tell you all about it so you can be bored with me. Or, entertained, because I get quite funny when I'm bored. (So I like to think)

The night started out a little rough. Griffin, had been up since 5 am with no naps, finished his dinner, took a bath, and read half a book (all with my help, he's not that big yet!) before he started to crash. Bedtime can be terrible when Griff is over-tired, so I was prepared for the battle. What I was not prepared for was the fact that could not find a single binkie anywhere. Now, Griff doesn't depend on his binkie all the time, but at bedtime it's about the only thing that will chill him out. After searching the whole house, both cars, the backyard (as much as I could with all the snow) and the garage, there was no binkie to be found. I decided now was a good of time as any to quit the binkie (well, not really, but I had no other choice). I told him the binkie fairie came and took his binkies because he was such a big boy, and she needed to give them to a little baby who needed them. I don't think he got it. So, we've cut it cold turkey. And he was just like an addict going through detox. He was moaning, wailing, pounding on the door, flailing about, until he eventually crashed of the floor. Later, I moved him to his bed, where he is sleeping pleasantly. Whew. 

Then, I watched a few shows on TV, and got all excited to...organize my bathroom. (Anna, you will appreciate this) I still haven't really unpacked the bathroom boxes, and in Kansas I never really got the bathroom closet very organized. So, I pulled everything out and sorted, sorted, sorted. I'm so pleased because now I have a "pain" basket with everything you need for aches and pains, a "BandAid basket" with, BandAids (you never know how many you have until you organize them), vitamins/tummy medicine, skin care- with sunscreen, bugspray, aloe, ect., hair stuff, Sean stuff, Liz Stuff, Griff Stuff. Now, you may think, "big deal, everyone organizes their bathroom." But then I took it a step further. I organized everything according to size, color, or use.  I am so happy with all my little systems. It makes me feel like things are in order. I know this may make me sound crazy, but I told you I was bored. 

So, what did you do with your Thursday night? 

2 comments:

Linda said...

You are a mess...Proud of the organizing skills! Way to go Griffin on your first binkie-less night, you can do it!

It will hit us that you all are really moved out of Kansas when we get to Ava's birthday party and no Griffin entertainment...you will be missed.

Love you, way to go with the orgainizing!

Anna and Jay said...

Man, I need to come to your house when you aren't home and rearrange stuff. It would be ten times better than moving your clothes around in your closet. I'll be in town in July and I am coming to raid the closets.