Friday, October 24, 2008

Long time gone...

Well, we finally have our internet connected, so I can proudly announce that we've made it safely to Utah. We turned our trip out here into a mini vacation, with fun visits with Johnny and Jen in Denver and Eva, Shawn, and Dean in Steamboat. We couldn't have picked a better time of the year to move, the drive was gorgeous (even through western Kansas!) and the weather was perfect. While we had a great time getting out here, we've had about a million problems since we got here. Fortunately, things seem to be settling down. I'm slowly chipping away at unpacking, one box at a time. I have had lot's of help from my mom and dad, who have been all too willing to take Griffin off my hands. Griff even had his first sleepover at Grandpa's! Sean has been trying to get caught up at work, in spite of having Pneumonia! Turns out he wasn't just trying to get out of helping with the move, he actually was really sick. He's getting better, although it's been hard to get him to stay home and rest. 

So, I trudge on with the unpacking. It's sorta like Christmas though, I open each box and unroll yards of paper, saying "Ohh! A (fill in the blank)! Yes!" and joyfully place it on a shelf, cabinet, or drawer. If anyone needs a box or packing paper, you know who to call! Sean thinks we should build a killer fort with all the boxes. We could have multiple levels! I think I'll take up box-sledding again.

6 comments:

Linda said...

Glad to see you back on line! What a time moving is. I am so happy for Grandma and Grandpa to have regular time with Griffin, he will definitely keep them entertained. We miss you all, loved having you in Kansas while we did. Looking forward to future blogs to see what everyone is up to. Good luck getting settled. Love you! Auntie

Klutch said...

Beth, you should know that I like Lindsay the best.

Klutch said...

I'm sorry, that was insensitive, but really, I just wanted to be blunt and get it out there. Don't cry, jeez.

Klutch said...

By the way, Lindsay totally just set up a blogspot account for Grandma and she may or may not be piloting the controls right now... but really Beth, you know it is true even if it is Lindsay saying it...

Anna and Jay said...

Just want you to take extra precautions in box sledding. We all know how safe it is for everyone except you! And if you attempt it, please try to stay in the box and not take the stairs head on! I wish that I loved moving and I even have movers and packers. I do love going through the junk and throwing away everything that we've accumulated, but moving never is easy or fun!

marisalea said...

I didn't realize that you were moving so soon. I guess you had mentioned October, but the time sure flies. I'll be in SLC Nov 19-23 for Nate's sister's wedding. We'll have to get together!