Friday, October 3, 2008

Goats are seriously creepy!


Has anyone looked into the eyes of a goat? Well, I'll warn you now, Don't do it!!! Goats are seriously the creepiest animals ever, even creepier than iguanas. They have rectangular pupils. Weird. Today, Griffin and I had the opportunity to see lots of goats. We went to Deanna Rose, a local farmstead, and spent the whole morning feeding creepy goats, chickens, sheep, geese, and ducks. We looked at pigs and lot's of cows, a bison and a longhorn steer, turkeys, bunnies, and many more. It was so funny watching Griffin run from one thing to the next, and feeding the animals. (He was a little creeped out by the big goats too, but he loved the babies.) There was an awesome playground, a place to dig in the dirt, and tractors to climb on. He was too little for the pony ride, or the fishing pond, but he didn't seem to miss it. The best for him was feeding the baby goats (kids). We bought little bottles and got to feed them. He got a little overwhelmed by the pushy goats, but in true Griffin style he wouldn't let that get him down. After a little break from the goats, we went back and Griff proceeded to pet every goat. There were about 30 of them.  The best part, this whole thing is free! I forgot my camera, but I'm kicking myself, because there were so many great photo opportunities. Everyone could have seen Griffin at his happiest, which is a truly delightful thing to see. Like, watching him chase the geese, saying, "hey! duck!" and trying out every bouncy thing at the playground (be in awe of my powers of description). As we were leaving Griff kept saying, "Bye Bye" and something that could have been "I love you" (it's still hard to tell what he's saying most of the time) and blowing kisses. If anything suggests the fun we had, he went down for a nap at 1:00. It's 4:30 and he's still sleeping soundly, almost snoring. I hope he's not having nightmares about evil goats! 

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Have I mentioned we live next door to goat? She head butts the fence whenever I get close. She doesn't like women.
Sounds like a really fun day. With animals you know you're in for a great day with kids!