Monday, August 25, 2008

The most amazing babysitter ever...


I just have to say, I have finally hit the babysitter jackpot!! Now, all of the help I've had from family and friends has been incredible and I wouldn't trade any of you for the world. But, most of you know that my last babysitter ended up being a bit of a flake. She did what she was supposed to do, she watched Griffin and kept him entertained. Yes, she was late a lot, and there were a few times when we came home and she was asleep on the couch  (gotta get in those pregnancy naps!), and a few times when she just didn't show up at all, but you know, who can complain. Griffin seemed to like her and never lost a limb. 

Then, out of the clouds came the most perfect babysitter ever! Yes, we've only had one night. But, when I came home tonight she was on the couch, reading. Griffin was sleeping soundly, she gave me a full report on the night (only one escape from the crib), and she sweetly went home to continue studying. When I went upstairs to check on my peacefully sleeping baby, a miracle had happened! She completely cleaned his room! Picked up all the blocks, put away all the books, she even folded the basket of clean clothes and put them away! (I won't spend any time reflecting on the feelings of guilt that came after my initial joy, that's a different post for a different day.) 

Figures I would find the perfect sitter two months before we move. Where was she last year? I don't really expect her to clean my house, and I think that's why I was so surprised. I could have cried. It made such a difference in my life right now, just to have someone be so thoughtful, without asking for anything in return. (Well, I will have to pay her, but you know what I'm saying.) It's funny how the little things count, it really probably didn't take her too long, but for me that was another huge task in the midst of so many other tasks that I have to accomplish. Although, it really inspires me to make a better effort to keep my house cleaner! I don't want her to be complaining to her friends about the crazy woman who can barely find her child in her messy house. Anyway, I just had to share my joy with the world. 

3 comments:

Joelle said...

You might have found your perfect babysitter - but really all I can ever hope for is Elizabeth Shue. Now she was a babysitter :)

Alan said...

Hang in there, kiddo. This, too, shall pass.

Sue said...

God must have know you needed a break. Especially after He decided this would be a great time for Griff to develop the awesome climbing out of his crib talent. So glad you found the most amazing babysitter ever!