Monday, July 27, 2009

Finally!

Anyone who has had a single conversation with me in the past, oh, 6 months knows that I have been desperately searching for a job. I had nearly given up hope after not getting a really good one I interviewed for a few weeks ago. This job was one that just seemed to pop up, and I thought, "One more time. I'll just give it a shot." Things moved quickly after that, with a last minute interview last Tuesday, and then another on Thursday. After the one on Thursday, the clinical director told me she really wanted to give me the job, but she would call me for sure on Monday. After waiting an agonizing weekend, I just got off the phone with her, and I GOT THE JOB!!!!!!! I am so thrilled! I can't wait to start!

So, the all important details that everyone will be wondering about.....

It is a substance abuse agency for women and their children, called House of Hope. It's a very respected agency in SLC, and has been recognized by the governor. To start I will be working with the residential clients (just the women who live at the facility) and then some outpatient. Once I get the hang of things, I'll move to do some work with the children's center also. I love that I'll have so much variety. I will be part time, 32 hours a week, which is really great for transitioning our family to having two working parents. But, enough hours to feel like I really have a job and be able to justify childcare expenses. The hours are Monday through Thursday 8:30 to 5:00. I haven't had a "normal" workday in ages!!!!

I start next week!!!!!

Well, I will surely keep everyone updated, but right now I have to save Griffin from his torture chamber (sorry, his bedroom) and take him swimming.

HAPPY DAY!!!

8 comments:

Klutch said...

Beth'r, I am SOOOO happy for you, and very proud of you. The right situation just had to come along, Patience is a virtue. Know you will be great in the position, and the hours will help you balance a career and being a mother. That is a great situation. Congratulations. GMa

Joelle said...

YEA!!

Sue said...

Congrats Beth- they are lucky and blessed to have you! I know it will be wonderful to move ahead and put your education to work.

Mechelle said...

Congrats Beth!!!!!!!

Linda said...

Babe, I am so happy for you, things worked themselves out. Sounds like the perfect situation with the hours Sean keeps, and spending quality time with Griffin. And he will love having the kids at daycare to play with, maybe bed time will improve! I am so happy for you, congratulations!

Anna and Jay said...

Yeah! It sounds exciting! A real grown up job!

marisalea said...

This sounds perfect for you!

Rachel said...

Way to Go! It's nice to actually USE your degree isn't it?
Let's play this week then before you start work next week. Call me back and we'll set something up.