Thursday, June 4, 2009

Where have I been?

Oh, faithful blog followers, I have been neglecting you all. There is no excuse other than I have been damn busy. Over memorial day weekend, my mom, dad, Griffin and I loaded up the Rondo and headed east to Kansas City for a weekend of family fun. Like fools anxious to get the fun started, we drove the whole 17 hour drive straight through. Through the night. Actually, it wasn't too bad because Griffin slept most of the way, which is more than I can say for the grownups.

We stayed at the "Hotel Lindsay" with Karen, Ray, Alex and Ava. From the moment we arrived, I barely saw Griffin except for rare moments when they where passing from one room to another. He LOVES his Alex and Ava, or Eva and Wall-E as he started calling them. They were very kind, patient and loving cousins with him.



In true Lindsay form, we had two hours to shower and rest up before the calvary arrived. We never miss an opportunity for a party. Then I got to hang out with my cousins who I LOVE (it should be noted that Alex and Ava are actually my cousins, but there are so many years between us it sorta feels more like they are Griffin's cousins. Plus, who needs to worry about details like that.)

Here are some pictures from party number one:


Naturally, hanging out with three girls will always eventually end up with the two year old little boy dressed as a ballerina.


Griffin with Katie. He calls her Katie-Bird, and he thought she lived at everyone's house. He still wants to go visit "Alex, Ava, Katie-Bird's house."

I will eat you up!!

All the cousins on "the grassy knoll". Plus, a few "new" cousins, Sarah, Ashley and Jeremy Beach.

Well, that's all I really have time for right now. Tune in for the next installment of the "Kansas Weekend Extravaganza!", Meghan's graduation party.

2 comments:

Joelle said...

I have been waiting for this update, can't wait for another.

I love the photo of the little ballerina – Sean must also love it

Anna and Jay said...

OMG! Finally the tutu photo! Griffin is the cutest little ballerina...I want to call him Grifferina. He's so cute. He's got two girlfriends in Japan.