Friday, February 13, 2009

Happy Valentines Day!

Those of you who have known me through various stages of my life know that "domestic diva" has never been a title that I could claim. Through the years I've gradually been improving in the domestic category, learning to cook, clean and create with the best of them.

On this momentous Valentine's Day, I feel my training is finally complete. I decided to make cupcakes for my sweetheart, my parents and my dear neighbors. Ordinarily, any baking attempt I undertake is filled with strife, mess-ups and great stress. But on this day, (actually yesterday) I was in the baking zone. I baked 20 (20 because I wanted them to be a little on the big side) perfect cupcakes. Iced them in three different colors, and (drumroll....) used a different icing to squirt red hearts on the tops of all of them. As I neared completion of the baking project, I couldn't believe how well it was all going! Literally, no problems. When they were done, and I tasted one (I had to be sure, was this really my moment?) it was delicious!!!! Not crumbly at all. A truly enjoyable activity. I just had to take pictures of my beautiful creations and shout to the world, "I can BAKE!!




3 comments:

Alan said...

I can verify, Yummy Yummy Yummy!

I would have appreciated it more if I new how emotionally charged the cupcake was.

Klutch said...

Your cupcakes are lovely. Fun to share. I'm sure all enjoyed them. But yes, you can cook. You like to "create" new and interesting dishes. You do great. Love you. GMa

Joelle said...

If only we lived next door I would have been able to enjoy a delicious treat!