Thursday, December 4, 2008

A little whine and cheese...



From 3:00 till about 5:30 is by far my least favorite part of the day. It's that time when I've done about everything I can think of to keep Griffin entertained and busy. I've given up on the long list of things I've hoped to accomplish in the day, frustrated at only completing one thing, or two if I'm lucky. Griffin has either napped, or passed the point of no return for hoping to accomplish a nap, and is cranky. I'm waiting for Sean to get home, but there's still a good hour or two before that happens. I'm tired, usually hungry from lack of a meaningful lunch, and worn out from wrestling Griff through 4 diaper changes, mostly major poop, (at least that number is down from those early days!) fighting to keep him inside, keep him from undoing any progress I've made in getting the house clean, laundry done, ect. I'm disappointed that I still can't find a job, not that I could get one if I wanted because I still haven't gotten my license approved. Then, to top it all of, my husband gives me attitude about me "not doing my job" and "having it so easy" since I don't have to go to work all day. He sooo doesn't get it! 

Okay, I'm done throwing my little pity party.  But, the best part is that every day, around 6:00, we have dinner, I give Griffin his bath, we read stories and play, and he goes to sleep like the sweet little angel he is, and I get my second wind. Start making lists for the next day, finishing up things, hang out with Sean, and it gives me just what I need to make it through till three o'clock tomorrow.  

4 comments:

Anna and Jay said...

Being a mom is a full-time job! Seriously, think about what you pay for daycare and then what you would pay a house cleaner. Then, consider what you would pay a chef. Your doing all those things. Sean really has NO CLUE!

marisalea said...

Just remember all the good things about being a mommy. You get to see all the silly things that Sean doesn't.

Linda said...

How very descriptive of you, I am about to hyperventilate at the memory of it all. You are doing a good job, knowing when to give up a little hope, remembering how much you love Griffin and glad that he has such a strong personality. Ever hopeful that the next day will be better. And what I am most proud of...you haven't killed Sean when he says something stupid! This is when a marriage is made. And this knowledge is what is behind that "knowing smile" you see people who have been married for a long time give each other, without saying, they smile and remember what they have survived, what they have forgiven, and what they are glad they never have to do again... Keep your hopeful outlook, keep your wit and keep on doing, it will get better, or you will become numb to it. And it is hard to tell better or numb apart. You are doing a great job, keep laughing!

Love you,
Auntie!

Rachel said...

Oh Liz...how I know what you mean. I start counting down at like 4 to when Lance will walk through that door and give me some relief. Luckily when you have 2 it's a bit easier in some ways because they entertain each other.